Thursday, July 31, 2008

And I kept drawing the lines with my pencil.
Darkening the dots sometimes.
I picked my face up to see scribbles of black marked lines and discreet doodles strewn across the white notebook.
I looked further up.
The grumpy maths teacher was explaining a problem.Putting down numbers on the board,while the chalk made screechy sounds which gave chills down the spine.
She had a despicable smile and thick glasses,which gave a hypnotic effect everytime you stared into her eyes.
I looked down at my drawing again.
A mesmerising spiral turbinating into the middle end of the page,creating a helix with another.birds and creatures from lands unknown,filled up the rest of the page,creating a vortex effect as if they have locked horns with eternia.I scribbled a bit more,carving a shape out of the million little dots adorning my doodle.The shape somewhat represented an ugly hybrid creation of the Vitruvian man and the Phoenix,entagled within the clutches of this life and the world.An ink drop.A symmetrical folding blot of purple freedom looming across the page,like the lurking dark world.
From the corner of my eye,I caught the hypnotic attention.
She took the paper,crumpled it and threw it in the direction of the bin.
I was asked an answer.
I was also asked the reason for my insolence.
Mute.Silence.That defeaning silence.And fifty other pairs of eyes watching you.
"Get out of my class,maybe the air outside can punish you"
I opened my mouth to speak out and apologize.
"Keep quiet,just get out!!"
I walked to the crumpled paper near the door,clutched it firmly and walked out.
Outside the class,I opened the folds of the paper.The drawing remained unchanged.

That day,the paper defined obscurity.
I,defined a rebellion.

10 comments:

Aphrodite said...

ahmmmm abstractness...wht was that about??? u a rebel...??

coffee stain said...

eff you see kay

:O
you the man.... i bow for the first time man... first time

dreamy said...

whoa! that was deep or what?!

Llama said...

Aah.. doodling gets poetic.

The last lines are worthy of going down in 'Grand Quotation' books.

You getting better with every post... I'm a teensie-weensie bit jealous.

Random Doodler said...

Doodles, dreams and Dostoyevsky.
Shit, i cant even spell that.
I bet you knew the answer.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I remember some doodles I saw the other day...behind a visiting card...
the rebellion continues...

onnesha said...

respect sir.
rezpectt.

loony girl said...

daddee b all inspiring now :O

i like.

i b rebel too...

p.s.- does this include wrecking plasticine thingies!?

darkling said...

aaaahhh now the teacher was grumpy irritating...no fault of urs...if only it had been a hot babe!!